The Star Ocean franchise makes its return in 2022. With the release of Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness and Star Ocean: Anamnesis back in 2016, no new main entries in the franchise came about since. However, Square Enix now officially announced the release date of the latest in the series: Star Ocean: The Divine Force comes this fall.
Star Ocean: The Divine Force
On a routine transport mission, Raymond Lawrence’s spaceship is attacked by the Pangalactic Federation and he crash lands on an underdeveloped planet. He meets Princess Laeticia, who is fighting to protect her homeland from an invading empire. Together, they set off on an adventure that will shake the foundations of the entire universe.
Star Ocean: The Divine Force crosses between sci-fi and fantasy. Play as multiple characters, including the protagonists Ramond and Laeticia. Or, play as Raymond’s right hand man and knight, Albraid, or Elana, his hybrid weapon-wielder first mate. Freely roam the skies while moving between three different dimensions. With such a large environment, you have endless freedom in both adventuring and battling. In combat, use high-speed movement attacks, special abilities, and unique skills while facing your foes. But be warned: what you do will change the course of the game.
Personally, it’s definitely giving me Xenoblade vibes, albeit leaning a bit more into the sci-fi aspect. Along with the release date trailer, Square Enix showcased another video showing off the main characters and game combat.
Square Enix is offering pre-orders before its October release, including both a Standard Edition and a Deluxe Edition. That also includes pre-order bonuses and early purchase bonuses. Here’s all the goodies putting your order in now offers:
- Exclusive weapons for the protagonists, with helpful factors that will come in handy from the beginning of the game.
- Lionheart’s Blutgand (greatsword)
- Flashing Naglering (dual blades)
Early Purchase Bonuses:
- Pawns (game pieces) that can be used in the mini game, Es’owa. Can also be used as items of equipment.
- Obtain mini game pawns modeled on characters from Valkyrie Chronicles and Radiata Stories
- Lenneth (from Valkyrie Profile)
- Lezard (from Valkyrie Profile)
- Jack (from Radiata Stories)
- Ridley (from Radiata Stories)
- STAR OCEAN THE DIVINE FORCE full game
- Original Soundtrack: DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION
- Armour : Radiant Hildegrim
- Armour : Holy Sigrdrifa
- Accessory: Bunny the Lagomower Brooch
- Accessory : tri-Emblum
- Accessory : Gold Bunny Statue
- Accessory: Andvaranaut’s Ring
When does the game release?
Star Ocean: The Divine Force launches on PS5, PS4, PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S on October 27, 2022. Look forward to diving back into the world of Star Ocean and exploring what this new entry has to offer. If you’re interested in the game or want some of those early bonuses, be sure to check out the pre-orders before release.