As Comic-Con at Home begins today, SEGA has announced new features alongside Yakuza: Like a Dragon.
First, SEGA has confirmed that the new installment will be coming to PlayStation 5, in addition to being an Xbox Smart Delivery. SEGA says the PlayStation 5 upgrade is currently being planned and will have more information at a later date.
Second, a full English cast. The most prominent in the cast is the one and only George Takei of Star Trek fame. Takei will lend his voice of the main antagonist, Masumi Arakawa. Greg Chun, who voiced Takayuki Yagami in Judgment, will be returning to the series as Yu Nanba.
Here is the full cast from SEGA’s press release:
- Kaiji Tang as Ichiban Kasuga, protagonist of the story returning from 18 years spent in prison
- George Takei as Masumi Arakawa, patriarch of the Arakawa Family
- Andrew Morgado as Koichi Adachi, an ex-cop on the search for truth
- Greg Chun as Yu Nanba, downtrodden former nurse making amends with the world
- Elizabeth Maxwell as Saeko Mukoda, a bar hostess on a mission
Lastly, pre-orders are now up from SEGA’s website, both physical and digital. There are three different digital pre-orders that one can choose from:
- Day Ichi Edition $59.99: includes the Legends Costume Set incorporating eight costumes representing fan-favourite figures from the Yakuza series, from Kazuma Kiryu to Daigo Dojima. A physical edition, called the Day Ichi SteelBook Edition, also includes the Legends Costume Set and comes in a stylish SteelBook® for your collection.
- Hero Edition $69.99: includes all features from the Day Ichi Edition, as well as the Job Set, which adds two new playable jobs – the guitar-shredding Devil Rocker and the naginata-wielding Matriarch, and the Management Mode Set, which contains a wide selection of additional employees for the expansive Management Mode minigame.
- Legendary Hero Edition $89.99: includes all Hero Edition content as well as the full in-game Crafting Set, Karaoke Set, Ultimate Costume Set and Stat Boost Set.
SEGA is still vague about a release date, with them saying in November. However, the PlayStation Store has the date set at November 13th. Nothing is confirmed, but we will lean towards that.
Yakuza: Like a Dragon will be available on Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and PC later this year.