It continues to be a great year for Legend of Mana. As the series continues to celebrate its 30th anniversary with events like an orchestra concert, Square Enix drops even more exciting things. We heard last year that Legend of Mana would be receiving its own anime series that plans to follow the events of the game. Now, Square Enix and Warner Bros. released a teaser trailer and key visuals for Legend of Mana: The Teardrop Crystal.
Legend of Mana: The Teardrop Crystal
Legend of Mana: The Teardrop Crystal follows the story of Shiloh, a young boy living near the town of Domina. A mysterious voice visits his dreams, telling him he has a mission. Shiloh soon meets two people known as “Jumi”, a race of people targeted, and sometimes killed, for having jewels in their cores. With jewel thieves on the loose attacking the jewel-hearted Jumi, Shiloh sets out on an adventure.
- Original Work: Square Enix’s “Legend of Mana”
- Director/Series Composition: Masato Jinbo
- Character Drafts: HACCAN
- Character Design: Tarou Ikegami
- Music: Yoko Shimomura
- Produced by: Warner Bros.
- Animation Production: Graphinica x Yokohama Animation Lab
Additionally, with the trailer and story announcement, key art of the characters dropped, depicting them in the show:
- Shiloh, a boy with a kind heart who gets involved in “the stolen jewel case” (voiced by Nobunaga Shimazaki)
- Elazul, a Jumi knight (voiced by Yuuichirou Umehara)
- Pearl, princess of Jumi and the guardian Elazul protects (voiced by Kaori Nazuka)
When does the anime release?
Legend of Mana; The Teardrop Crystal airs sometime in 2022. Other than that, we haven’t been given an exact release date yet. Besides, that’ll give you the chance to play the original game while waiting. From the different teasers and clips, the anime looks to be a magical time. Look forward to returning to the world of Mana and continue celebrating its 30th anniversary as we wait!