For the longest time, SEGA fans have looked forward to the day when the next Jet Set Radio game would come out. Now, a spiritual successor is headed to PC. Titled Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, this game looks to capture the look and feel of Jet Set Radio, going as far as bringing back JSR’s original composer, Hideki Naganuma.
Here’s Team Reptile’s official statement:
Team Reptile brings you Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, 1 second per second of highly advanced funkstyle. In a world from the mind of Dion Koster, where self-styled crews are equipped with personal boostpacks, new heights of graffiti are reached. Start your own cypher and dance, paint, trick, face off with the cops and stake your claim to the extrusions and cavities of a sprawling metropolis in an alternate future set to the musical brainwaves of Hideki Naganuma.
– In the game you can choose a character from your crew and explore the three-dimensional streets freely.
– Each stage is a neighborhood that represents one time of day.
– You can grind, slide, jump, trick and airdash to move around
– The goal is to get your name up, your name up on the wall. Every stage has many spots to find where you can paint graffiti.
– You will encounter a lot of weirdos.
There is currently no official release date, but they do state it is not coming out this year. You can add Bomb Rush Cyberfunk to you Steam wishlist now.