Hatsune Miku: COLORFUL STAGE! set for December 7 launch
Hatsune Miku: COLORFUL STAGE! launches December 7 for iOS and Android platforms worldwide. Developed by CyberAgent’s Colorful Palette and published by SEGA, the mobile rhythm game follows a large cast of characters as they navigate the world as Virtual Singers.
A new trailer showcases the different musical groups in the game. With a cast of twenty characters, the player can follow along the journeys of five bands with different styles of music.
- Leo/need—Formed by a group of four high schoolers, Ichika Hosino wishes to overcome her strained friendships with her childhood friends by sharing music and memories together.
- MORE MORE JUMP!—United together with retired former idols who have already witnessed the reality of the idol world, Minori Hanasato reaches for what she has always dreamed of: becoming an idol.
- Vivid Bad SQUAD—With a passion for street dancing, Kohane Azusawa joins together with a dance crew to surpass the legends of their genre.
- Wonderlands x Showtime—Working at the once-popular theater “Wonder Stage”, Tsukasa Tenma joins with Emu Ootori to restore the theater back to its glory days.
- Nightcord at 25:00—Without knowing each other’s names and faces, Kanade Yoisaki forms an underground music circle with her friends online over a voice chat app.
While playing the game, players can experience fully-animated 3D music videos with a variety of music to listen to. The game also offers the opportunity to participate in virtual live performances from the bands in-game and engage with online events and a rewards system.
Hatsune Miku: COLORFUL STAGE! was initially released September 30, 2020 for two weeks in Japan for public beta testing. With over 60,000 players on both platforms, the game was a complete success. Fans of Hatsune Miku and music overall will be sure to enjoy this fun, bright rhythm game for iOS and Android.